The stain removal techniques on this page, which you can use while removing the oil stain, are especially valid for washable, light-colored fabrics. When following the following greasy stain removal advice, you can use degreasing dish soap or detergent, especially for cooking oil stains (olive oil, butter). Do not choose dishwashing detergents with an essence such as lemon, as they contain more acid.
Dish detergents that do not contain fragrances or dyes are ideal for removing oil stains on light-colored clothes. Using dishwashing detergent for dark-colored products is risky as it may fade the colors of the fabric.
How to Remove Oil Stains from Light Colored Clothing
- Rub light-colored and washable items with a good quality dishwashing detergent, as described above, gently.
- Then leave the garment like that for about 15 minutes.
- Then wash the fabric as per the label directions.
- Let the garment air dry instead of throwing it in the dryer.
- If some of the stains remain, repeat the process.
This process can also be applied for stains such as baby oil stain, oil stain originated from make-up materials, hair oil stain, machine oil stain.
Removing Grease and Engine Oil Stains
- If there is a difficult oil stain such as engine grease and engine oil stain, try to remove the stain by starting carefully scraping off excess oil from the fabric using a blunt blade.
- If you apply Vaseline for motor oil stain, good results can be obtained on washable fabrics. Applying Vaseline can help moisten the stain.
- Later, you can apply the application described above for other oils for light colors.