The discovery of wooden pallets as a design object dates back to the past. One of the most common uses of these pallets is in mini garden projects.
Wooden pallets can be used for balcony or backyard gardening by filling their reservoirs with soil. To do a vertical garden with pallets, you need the following materials.
- A wooden pallet (Be careful not to have any hidden rusty nails)
- Meter for measurement
- Scissors for cutting fabric
- And the plants you will plant
There are 6 pockets in a palette. You must first cover these pockets with the soil fabric you purchased (you can find them at gardening supplies). For this:
- First, calculate the length and height of the pockets,
- Then cut the fabric for the measurements you have calculated.
- The important point here is to place the fabric into the wood. For this, leave some staple margin on all sides.
- Do the same for 6 pockets.
- Fill the pockets you created with soil.
At the end of this project, you will have created small gardens for 6 different vegetables or fruits. In order not to put too much pressure on the pockets, you can plant herbs such as lettuce, parsley, basil in them. You can use these pallet gardens standing on your balcony or you can create them horizontally in your backyard with the same method.