Whether you smoke or not, when you come home after a night with friends, you may notice the smell of smoke permeating you. If this is happening frequently or if you or someone in your family is smoking, you need to know what to do to eliminate the smell of smoke.
Also, when you meet someone new, there is nothing more repulsive than getting an intense smoke smell from that person. If first impressions are important to you and you want the other person to judge you not according to your habits, but according to your personality, you can learn how the smell of smoke passes with the following tips.
If you smoke in your home, try not to hang your clothes in your home while you dry them, so that the smell of the smoke in the house does not penetrate your laundry.
Precautions to Prevent Smoke Smell
The best thing you can do to get rid of the smoke smell in your clothes is to fix the problem before it occurs! For this you must:
- Avoid smoke-filled rooms with poor ventilation. Even if you do not smoke, such places harm both your health and your clothes.
- If you smoke, try to drink in well-ventilated places. Regularly pour ashtrays in your home and ventilate your home by opening your windows so that you are not affected by the smoke that remains after you smoke.
- When smoking, stand so that the smoke does not come to you. If possible, keep the smoke 2-3 inches away from you.
- If you think you do not smell smoke, it is probably because of the damage that smoking causes to your nose hair, and olfactory cells. This means that even if you do not notice the smell on you, others can.
- Consider quitting smoking. Consult your doctor or health center about how you can quit smoking. Always follow the advice your doctor gives you.
How to Get Rid of Smoke Smell in Clothes?
- The best method to remove the smoke smell from your clothes is to wash your clothes.
- Before washing your clothes, be sure to follow the washing instructions on them.
- By using a strong and extra-scented detergent, you can make your clothes look clean and beautiful as well as smell good. Make sure you always follow the instructions on your detergent.
- Wash similar colors and type fabrics with similar ones. Do not overfill the machine so that there is room for the clothes to move inside and be cleaned better.
- Before washing your really bad-smelling clothes, you can soak them in detergent water for a while to make them smell better.
- By hanging your clothes on your balcony, you can ventilate them in the best way and make them smell better.
- Finally, if you are not sure that you can remove the smoke smell that penetrates your clothes well, you can ask one of your family or friends. If you still smell a light smell, you can suppress the smell of the smoke by using perfume or special laundry scents before going out.